Becca found this recipe in Cooking Light and was nice enough to pass it along! These have a great coconutty flavor and are indeed light. If you don’t care about the light part, they would be great with toasted, chopped macadamia nuts!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked, sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 13 1/2 oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg
- Heat a griddle pan over medium heat.
- Mix dry ingredients (including coconut) together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl beat together coconut milk, butter, and egg.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Lightly butter griddle pan and drop in 4 pancakes, using a generous 1/4 cup of batter for each.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Makes about twelve 4-inch pancakes
Recipe from Cooking Light magazine